The Saturday Evening Meme
I was the fourth person to read Keb’s meme, so according to the Unwritten Code of Blogging Politeness, I must pass on the Meme Goodness to you all.
Here we go:
Four jobs you’ve had in your life: are these just jobs or the cool/fun/weird type of job?
1. Porn store clerk – best job I’ve ever had. Period. Hands down. Loved every moment of it, right up to the point where my best friend got jacked on the late night shift. Then, suddenly, it wasn’t so much fun anymore.
2. Tennis court resurfacer. The only thing I got out of this job was a decent six-pack on my abs, a busted foot from dropping a cement mixer on it, and a genuine hatred for my employer. This job sucked ass. Actually, sucking ass would have been preferable to this job.
3. Head grill for a local restaurant chain. Great job, but like most people who work in the food services industry, I wound up with a drinking problem by the end of it.
4. Clerk at a laser tag center. Crappy job, horrible boss, but I met one of my closest friends there, and we almost ate our employer out of business by constantly scarfing all of the refreshments. I used to go to work just so I could eat. I don’t think I bought groceries for a year and a half while I worked there.
Four movies that you would watch over and over:
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail – 73 times and counting.
2. Mr. and Mrs. Smith – a representation of every relationship I’ve ever been in.
3. The Incredibles – I saw this so many times in the theatre, I had most of the dialogue memorized before it even came out on DVD.
4. The Matrix – one of my fave movies of all time.
Four TV shows you love to watch:
Four places you’ve been on vacation:
Four websites you visit daily:
1. Matthew Good – great Canadian artist, musician, advocate for Human Rights, and all around opinionated magnificent bastard.
2. Metal Sludge – hey, I used to be the bassist for a hair metal band, some habits die hard ok?
3. SportsNet Pacific – love, love, LOVE my hockey.
4. Canoe – my news page.
Four of your favourite foods:
1. Shepherd’s Pie – my mom taught me how to make this as a kid, and our family recipe kicks major ass.
2. Maynard’s Wine Gums – they’re British, and best.
3. Eggs Benedict.
4. Potato skins with sour cream and real bacon bits.
Four places you would rather be right now:
1. Dunchurch, Warwickshire, England
2. At Seido-En, on Salt Spring Island
4. In Canmore, Alberta with my best friend, skating on a frozen pond.
List five of your own weird habits:
1. I have to fall asleep with my wife’s cat tucked between us and my arm curled up around her tummy, otherwise I just can’t sleep.
2. Every time I talk to someone at work, I have to lean back in my chair and put my hands behind my head. Every time. Without fail.
3. If I get a burger and fries, I won’t eat the burger until all of the fries are gone. Can’t do it.
4. I will only eat fries with mayonnaise, never ketchup.
5. I eat the exact same thing for breakfast every single weekday, without fail, and drink only one cup of coffee while having it.
The first four people who read this and want to play along.