Thursday Thirteen #22: Live Through This
- Starting over in a new country (and I didn’t even speak the language!)
- Being forced (as a newly-minted teen) to move away from my friends in the city to live in the ‘burbs.
- Death of a beloved childhood pet.
- Parents’ divorce.
- Multiple break-ups with my first love.
- Death of a family member.
- Finally marrying my true love.
- Losing good friends because they didn’t agree with how we got married.
- Being downsized due to restructuring.
- Firings (doing and being).
- Scary bosses, nasty coworkers, and other corporate evils.
- The late 80’s and early 90’s (although the jury is still out on whether I’ll ever manage to not flinch when seeing ‘vintage’ fashions of that era).
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!