Category Archives: Meme
Blame it on Domestic Bliss!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, preferably made from scratch like the one we do for the family brunch christmas morning.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa can’t wrap to save his life, so I help him out. There are already two under the tree, ready and willing to torture Lunchtruck with their gift-y possibilities.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. But I’m not averse to the idea.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The goal we set for ourselves is December 1st, but the past few Christmases that hasn’t really worked out. Now that I actually have a strat-approved tree suitable for our tiny home, I think the December 1st goal is much more attainable.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?The devon custard on top of the pudding. Yum.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I’ve got two: the year my very preggers momma dressed up as Santa for the kids, and the year I got my first Christmas present from Santa Paws.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea – I kinda always knew, but it never stopped me from enjoying it all.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yup – we spend Christmas eve with my family, and Christmas day with lunchtruck’s family.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? This year it’ll be white lights, silver ribbon, and crystal snowflakes. I’m sure the cats would prefer edibles, but then I’d spend the next few weeks picking up the detritus.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it. Preferably when I’ve nowhere I need to be except right there, there’s something delicious cooking in the oven, and I can enjoy it with those I love.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but it’s been ages.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, not really. I loved everything I got, even the socks. As an adult, I’d have to go with the Pamela Masik canvas my sweetie bought for me a few years ago.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with those I love.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Peppermint stick ice cream. It’s only available seasonally, which is a shame..
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? [Updated – I somehow managed to skip this one!] That would be waking up on Christmas morning with my bedmates and staying snuggled in there until the last possible minute, than making the dash to the kitchen to make us a spot of tea. I’m soooo predictable.
17. What tops your tree? At the moment nothing. But give it time – I’m sure we’ll be rescuing Mulder from it any moment now.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I get more excited about the giving, although I do like receiving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I’m not sure if it qualifies as a Christmas tune, but I’ve always associated Ave Maria with Christmas – preferably as performed in the original Fantasia or by the incomparable Joan Baez.
20. Candy Canes? Can I have more devon custard instead?
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Tough call! It’s a toss-up between White Christmas & the original Charlie Brown Christmas.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Tums.
It’s been eons since I did a meme, and this one from Bookwormom caught my attention when I visited her a while back.
1. Dated outside your race?
Not a big fan of that word but yes, guilty. Not only did I date a caucasian, I married one.
2. Singing in the shower?
Guilty. What – you don’t like my repertoire?
3. Spit in someone’s drink?
Innocent, and totally grossed out at the idea. Who came up with that?
4. Played with Barbies?
Guilty, I think. To be honest I was always more into lego and hot wheels.
5. Made someone cry?
Guilty. I can be pretty poisonous when I get past a certain stage of anger.
6. Opened your Christmas presents early?
7. Lied to a friend?
Guilty. I’ve learned never to tell a friend what a rotten jerk her current beau is, even if she asks me.
8. Watched and cried while watching a soap opera?
Innocent. Never got into soaps.
9. Played a computer game for more than 5 hours?
Heh. Guilty. I refuse to name names.
10. Ran through the sprinklers naked?
Innocent, but wouldn’t that be fun?
11. Ate food that fell on the floor?
Guilty – 5 second rule always applies to chocolate. More often than not the ravenous Mulder sweeps in and pounces. His favourite? Chicken.
12. Went outside naked? As an adult?
Innocent. I think. Does forgetting to close blinds count?
13. Been on stage?
14. Been on stage naked or close to it?
Innocent, unless an overly gauzy harem outfit counts.
15. Been in a parade?
Guilty, and with a whole bunch of belly dancers.
16. Been in a school play?
Guilty – and multiple times.
17. Drank beer?
Guilty. Prefer a nice round port to beer though.
18. Gotten detention?
Guilty- once for smoking once for…can’t remember the other one. It was in 7th grade though.
19. Been on a plane?
Guilty. LOVE to fly.
20. Been on a cruise?
21. Broken into a house?
Guilty. My own. Also, the music cabinets at school when my teacher lost his keys and needed access right this minute!
22. Gotten a tattoo?
Innocent, but considering it. I’ve got a few drawing kicking around…
23. Gotten piercings?
Guilty, I’ve got a few.
24. Gotten into a fist fight?
Does 1st, 3rd and 4th grade count?
25. Gotten into a shouting match?
Good grief yes! Guilty.
26. Swallowed sea/pool water?
Guilty. It’s unavoidable.
27. Spun yourself in circles to get dizzy on purpose?
Guilty (and done it on a swing too).
28. Laughed so hard it hurt?
29. Tripped on your own feet?
30. Cried yourself to sleep?
31. Cried in public?
Guilty. Not my finest hour.
32. Thrown up in public?
Innocent. See number 33.
33. Lied to your parents?
Innocent. Absolutely innocent. I’ve NEVER done anything my parents would disapprove of. Really.
34. Skipped class?
35. Cried so hard you threw up?
Innocent. And… EW!